Previous Posts

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back to School!




Welcome Back! I say that to you and to me as well since it's been a few months since our last post. We've all been super busy, as I'm sure you have as well. However, a new school year brings a new attitude and sense of commitment and loyalty; therefore, I promise to update and post as often as possible!! (Fingers may or may not be crossed...) 

I've changed locations this school year and am now with a very different school-age than I'm used to. However, all that means is I'll be doing a lot more research and activating that tiny part of my brain that stores random SLP-related knowledge!

In our graduate studies, we do not receive a lot of detailed information on intervention with junior high or high school age populations. This is a problem for those of us in junior highs and high school settings. Therefore, my goal this year is to post any therapy activities, articles, data-driven interventions, and anything relevant that I find on this blog. 

Another thing that is new this year to me is SALSA (Speech and Language Support for All). My parish has been implementing SALSA for years and they seem to have it down pretty sufficiently and it is quite effective thus far. For those of you who are unfamiliar with SALSA, I encourage you to do your homework on it. I'll be posting more about it in the following months once I have more hands-on experience with it. 

Since I'll be learning the new parish's policies, procedures, etc., on top of SALSA, you can imagine I need a lot of help! So, I'd like YOUR advice about implementing SALSA into a jr high setting. What do you do? And HOW do you do it? What're your "lesson plans" like? Are you "co-teaching?" If so, how often and do you feel it's effective? 

 Comment below or on our Facebook page !!



3 comments:

  1. This is a really good read for me. Must agree that you are one of the coolest blogger I

    ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful information. This was just what I was on looking

    for. I'll come back to this blog for sure!
    Play School Franchise in Noida

    ReplyDelete
  2. we understand this. Thanks for sharing your thoughts as well as the entire concept here.This is a great reading. Thanking you.
    Regent's International College

    ReplyDelete